Job Title: Roll Form Supervisor
Location: Dublin, TX
Summary: Our Roll Form Supervisor is responsible for overseeing operations of the roll forming machines. In addition to, assisting in setting up tools, dies, and equipment for production of material as specified by work orders, blueprints and diagrams, and loading and unloading parts on roll machines.
Benefits: Employee health insurance coverage, 50% matching 401(k) package, and $10,000 life insurance policy. Comprehensive dental, vision, and supplemental life insurance options are also available. PTO available after 1 year. 7 paid holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in loading and unloading material from machines
- Adjusts the Roll-Former machine to properly produce the required product specified for each job order.
- Quality Checks on finished material for correct specifications.
- Inspects assemblies regularly.
- Capable of training a back-up operator technician as necessary.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures to improve quality, eliminate waste and improve employee productivity.
- Balance available resources to ensure production schedule is met; synchronize and prioritize activities of the assigned shift/area; monitor production schedule and manufacturing capacity and escalate potential risks.
- Ensure that operators perform and document routine maintenance activities.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- 3 years or more of Roll Forming experience
- Prior experience in manufacturing/fabrication shop is preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage job duty and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Acute attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Positive attitude and desire to work as a team player
- Ability for cross training in other areas of the plant
- Follow safety procedures including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very loud
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com